Heading to conventions and networking events this month? Adding some new ones to your list? As you ramp up your networking in the new year, these five simple tricks can help you refresh your referral network. We’ll give you a few peer-to-peer suggestions as well as ways to get referrals from customers.
1. When networking, look to build relationships with power partners – people who may have connections you can benefit from, like high-quality videographers and low-cost printers. If you feel a connection with one or want to build a stronger relationship, ask to be referred to their preferred vendors. It’s an all-around win.
2. At conventions with your peers, take time to find agents who specialize in areas outside your wheelhouse. Consider ways you may be able to co-market and share costs and customer lists. Rather than seeing others as competitors, look at ways to work together to get a bigger draw.
3. Identify a few connected members of your contact list – the woman who always throws well-attended parties or the man who leads the bowling league. Find ways to build deeper connections with your former clients who do more and know more people in the community.
4. Contact a few of your ideal clients and ask them specifically for testimonials. Ask to post it on social media and tag them – this puts your name in front of their contact list, something they likely haven’t done despite their fondness for you.
5. Send a survey to your database asking some fun, nondiscriminatory questions. The information you gather can help you better identify ways to add value to your database and get more business from people just like them.
Need more ideas for expanding your network? Feeling stuck? Let’s talk about how to get you more powerful connections. Give us a call, or text us to schedule a meeting today.
We are always available to meet or answer any questions you may have. You can reach Justin Brown directly at (321) 369-7653 or Kerry Ramage at (321) 863-2746. We respect your privacy and guarantee you that all meetings will be kept strictly confidential.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.